Effective Monday, December 27, 2021, the fee for a U.S. Passport Book increased by $20. There is no increase in the fee for a Passport Card.
Passport Office Hours Walk-in Service (No appointment required)
|Tuesday||4:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||4:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Thursday||4:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Saturday||12:00pm - 4:00pm|
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a high volume of passport applicants, it may be necessary to stop accepting applications earlier than the times posted above.
Note: Social Security number is required on all applications, and ALL applicants must be present regardless of age.
Bring the following:
- PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP: An original birth certificate issued by the city, county or state of birth OR a current or previous U.S. passport OR an original certificate of naturalization. (Note: Hospital birth certificates, California birth abstracts, and Texas birth abstracts are NOT accepted for proof of citizenship.)
- AGES 18 AND OVER NEED PROOF OF IDENTITY:Valid driver's licence, valid state ID, valid passport, or recently issued Citizenship Certificate.
- AGES 17 AND UNDER NEED PARENTS PROOF OF IDENTITY: Valid driver's license, valid state ID, valid passport, or recently issued Citizenship Certificate.
- Ages 18 and over: Photocopy of identification, front and back.
- Ages 16-17: Photocopy of one of the parents identification, front and back.
- Ages 15 and under: Photocopy of both parents identification, front and back.
- ONE PASSPORT COLOR PHOTOGRAPH (2 in. x 2. in): Taken within the last 6 months, against a white background. Photo services are available at the library for $10 per person.
- ONE PAYMENT TO U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE:Check or money order only.
- ONE PAYMENT TO BUENA PARK LIBRARY DISTRICT: Cash, check, credit card, or money order.
- DS-11 FORM: Completed in black ink, but not signed. Forms are available at the library or can be downloaded from the Department of State website.
- Children under 16: Both parents must be present with the child OR submit a notarized Statement of Consent form if one parent is unable to appear (note: a copy of the front and back of the non appearing parent's identification must be attached to notarized statement). An original birth certificate and completed DS-11 form is needed for new and renewal passports.
PAYMENTS (two separate payments required)
|PASSPORT BOOK||Payment to U.S. Department of State (Check or money order)||Payment to Buena Park Library District|
|Age 16 or over||$130 (Effective 12/27/21)||$35|
|Age 15 or under||$100 (Effective 12/27/21)||$35|
|PASSPORT CARD**||Payment to U.S. Department of State (check or money order)||Payment to Buena Park Library District|
|Age 16 or over||$30||$35|
|Age 15 or under||$15||$35|
**Passport card is good for land and sea travel from Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card may not be used to travel by air.
ROUTINE PROCESSING: Processing times may vary. Please visit travel.state.gov for current processing times.
EXPEDITED SERVICE: For an additional $60, you may request expedited service. Please visit travel.state.gov for current processing times.
EMERGENCY PASSPORTS: Travelers that have international travel in the next 72 hours (3 business days), need to make an appointment with the Los Angeles Passport Agency at 1-877-487-2778 (24-hour appointment scheduling system). Proof of travel is required.
PASSPORT RENEWALS: Most renewals can be done by mail. If you have a passport that was issued less than 15 years ago and you were at least 16 years old when it was issued, you may be able to submit a self-service renewal. Please visit the U.S. Department of State - Passports by Mail page to see if you qualify to use the service.
For more information please visit the U.S. Department of State website travel.state.gov or call the National Passport Information Center’s automated line at 1-877-487-2778.
Note: U.S. Passport fees are standardized. All passport acceptance agency charges a $35 acceptance fee.